The five main types of HDMI cable to choose from
25 Jan 2012 11:39:44
Shopping for HDMI cables isn’t as easy as you may think. Even if you know which version and what length you need, you are still likely to encounter a number of different options to choose from.
You should know that there are five main types of HDMI cable. These are:
• The standard HDMI cable. This is designed to be able to cope with most home entertainment tasks, and can transmit the HDMI resolutions most often used in cable and satellite TV
• The standard HDMI cable with Ethernet. This cable offers the same performance as the previous type, but with the useful addition of an Ethernet channel for device networking
• The high speed HDMI cable. This cable can handle more advanced technologies such as 3D, as well as higher resolutions
• The high speed cable with Ethernet. Offering the same advanced performance as the previous type, but with an Ethernet channel for device networking
• The standard automotive HDMI cable. This is a special type of HDMI cable designed solely for use in vehicles, and is tested to higher performance standards in order to overcome the challenges of implementing HDMI in moving vehicles.