How to use HDMI cables with your laptop
14 Dec 2011 22:17:17
HDMI cables allow you to connect different home entertainment devices together, so that you can use them in different ways and unlock their full potential. All you need is an HDMI port on each device you want to connect, along with the right HDMI cable.
If you have a laptop which has an HDMI port, you will be able to connect it to your TV or another display in order to:
• Stream video content from the internet
• Play films, TV programmes and other video content
• Play your home videos on a larger screen
• Put on a photo slideshow for all your friends and family
• Prepare and display a professional business presentation
If your laptop does not have an HDMI port, and some don’t, there are ways around the problem. You can use a Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, for example. This has a connector which fits into your laptop’s Mini DisplayPort at one end, whilst the other is an HDMI connector which will fit in your TV’s HDMI port.
So, if you are tired of crowding around a tiny screen to view films, TV shows and photos with friends and family, get yourself an HDMI cable and you could enjoy all of this content on a large, high resolution screen.